Michigan School for the Deaf Tuition
Estimate of Charges for 2018-19 School Year
The Basic Tuition Charge, which includes all the following activities, is $31,600.
- Bilingual classroom instruction from highly-qualified certified teachers of the Deaf
- Reading interventions
- American Sign Language interventions
- Auditory therapy
- Audiological services
- Speech and Language services
- Medical services
- Counseling services
- Transition coordination services
- American Sign Language classes for families
- Sports and other extra-curricular activities
There is no charge to parents.
The following is the approximate net charge to the resident intermediate school district (ISD):
Basic Tuition: $31,600
Less Basic Foundation Amount: (7,000)
Less Section 54 Amount: (12,200)
Net Cost to the ISD (excluding transportation): $12,400
Additional services required by the IEP (i.e., occupational therapy; physical therapy; assignment at the area skill center; etc.) are charged to the ISD accordingly, and are discussed/approved by the ISD/Resident District prior to implementation.
There is no charge for room and board to either parents or the ISD.