Michigan School for the Deaf Tuition
Estimate of Charges for 2017-18 School Year
The Basic Tuition Charge, which includes all the following activities, is $28,100.
- Bilingual classroom instruction from highly-qualified certified teachers of the Deaf
- Reading interventions
- American Sign Language interventions
- Auditory therapy
- Audiological services
- Speech and Language services
- Medical services
- Counseling services
- Transition coordination services
- American Sign Language classes for families
- Sports and other extra-curricular activities
There is no charge to parents.
The following is the approximate net charge to the resident intermediate school district (ISD):
|Less basic foundation amount||($7,000)|
|Less section 54 amount||($10,700)|
|Net cost to the ISD (excluding transportation)||$10,400|
Additional services required by the IEP (i.e., occupational therapy; physical therapy; assignment at the area skill center; etc.) are charged to the ISD accordingly, and are discussed/approved by the ISD/Resident District prior to implementation.
There is no charge for room and board to either parents or the ISD.